Operation Manager (m/f/d)
Dialogue Social Enterprise GmbH (DSE) is a leading social enterprise operating worldwide. It develops and markets experience-based exhibitions and workshops. We aim to break down prejudices and stereotypes and promote understanding, diversity and inclusion. DIALOG IM DUNKELN®, DIALOG IM STILLEN® and DIALOG MIT DER ZEIT® have made a valuable contribution to the inclusion of people with disabilities and older citizens over the past 32 years. Already 8 million people have visited a Dialog exhibition or participated in a Dialog workshop. As a result, together with our network, we have been able to create more than 8,000 qualified jobs for people with disabilities. We can build on years of experience in working with international visually impaired and deaf colleagues and would like to further strengthen the diversity in our team.
About the project
Innoklusio® is a three-year model project of DSE and is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs. 15 pilot companies from a wide range of industries and company sizes are participating in the project, from social enterprises to medium-sized agencies and large corporations.
In order to build up inclusion competence in the companies, we offer the pilot companies a three-part program:
- A mobile exhibition
- A one-day leadership seminar
- A six-month educational program
The mobile exhibition invites visitors to an interactive experience. It is usually hosted directly on the company premises for one week. People with and without disabilities are available as contact persons. The highlight is an installation in complete darkness, the trademark of Dialog im Dunkeln®.
For the successful implementation of the mobile exhibition we are looking for a
Operation Manager (m/f/d)
Temporary/ 40 hrs. per week
The Operation Manager is responsible for the operational planning, implementation and optimization of the entire traveling exhibition as well as the coordination of the operational team on site. During the 12-month pilot phase, approximately 12 stations in Germany are planned for 1-2 weeks on site. In addition to Hamburg, these are located in 6 other German cities. The operational manager ensures the internal and external coordination with the pilot companies and always keeps an eye on the optimization of the exhibition.
Responsibility and tasks
- Planning and logistical preparation of the mobile exhibition
- Competent contact person on site for all participating pilot companies
- Coordination of the daily exhibition operations
- Coordination of the operational team
- Acceptance during set-up and dismantling, as well as supervision of the maintenance of the exhibition
- Control compliance with internal safety and quality standards
- Processing of bookings, preparation of schedules
- Reception and information of visitors in the exhibition area
- Coordination of visitor groups
- Carrying out evaluation measures
- Experience in event management and professional organizational skills
- A high degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
- A hands-on mentality and solution-oriented working style
- Strong customer and service orientation to provide visitors* with the best possible experience
- A friendly demeanor, empathy, and adaptability to diverse groups of visitors
- Enthusiasm for the topic of inclusion and diversity
- Strong teamwork, communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in a foreign language, especially English, and experience in operational management of events are a plus
- Participation in a 5-day training is a requirement for employment
What we offer
- A varied, exciting job at the interface between the social sector and the private sector
- Participation in a pioneering project on a highly topical issue of social debate in one of the leading social enterprises in Germany
- Collaboration with leading national and international companies
- Travel within Germany and work in a highly motivated, diverse team
- A meaningful job by contributing to the reduction of social injustice and the promotion of the participation of people with disabilities as well as their economic importance
- The opportunity to create encounters as an ambassador for people with disabilities.
- The accessibility of our Hamburg offices is not yet optimal, as we would like it to be. We are working on the best possible, individual solutions.
- We place great emphasis on accessibility in the locations of the mobile exhibition.
The position is limited to 12 months, and starts on October, 12th 2022 .
Your heart beats for diversity and inclusion? You want to combine your conviction with professional and personal competence and contribute to the success of a Germany-wide project? Then apply today. Send us your meaningful application (CV and cover letter or in the form of a video) by email to personal(at)dialog-im-dunkeln.de.
If you have any questions about the application or accessibility, please contact Katharina Hofmann by phone at 040 309634-34 or by e-mail at personal(at)dialog-im-dunkeln.de.
We look forward to meeting you!